Completed in 2002, this historically inspired home was built by local craftsmen from native wood and stone.
Each guest room is well appointed with a private bath, luxury bedding and towels, writing table, WiFi, flatscreen smart TV with cable and a view of the grounds. A delicious breakfast prepared just for you is included each morning. In the warm months, central air conditioning keeps it pleasant inside, while an autumn chill can be warmed by the fire in one of our two large living rooms. All this, set within eighty acres of rolling fields, mature woods, ponds and clear mountain streams.
These 80 acres of natural beauty were home to the Hardenbergh family from 1708 when Major Johannes Hardenbergh purchased the land from the local Esopus Indian Tribe. The original family home still stands, opposite the Hardenbergh pond, site of the grist mill that was built in 1762 by Leonard Hardenbergh. During the American Revolution the mill was used to grind grain to make bread for the Colonialist army. They contiune to strive to make the land a refuge for wildlife and a source of serenity for all who visit.